Mayor Kevin Faulconer announced that the City of San Diego will soon reopen the piers, boardwalks, Fiesta Island and Mission Bay Park.
In a press statement, the Mayor said this is part of San Diego moving into Phase 2 of its plan, which is put in place by the regional lifeguards and public health officials.
“We have made significant progress flattening the curve in San Diego,” said Mayor Faulconer.
“The public’s cooperation and support have allowed us to move to the second phase of our safe beach reopening plan, as well as reopen Balboa Park’s iconic central mesa,” he added.
The statement also outlined the timeline for the reopening of the following:
· Open East and West Mission Bay Parks to all park and water use
· Open all Mission Bay Park Parking lots to open at full capacity
· Open Fiesta Island to pedestrians, dogs, and cyclists only
· Open all Piers and boardwalks
· Open Balboa Park’s Central Mesa
· Open all Balboa Park parking lots at full capacity
· Open Fiesta Island to vehicles.
Enforcement will remain as directed by the County Health Order:
· All persons on the beach shall practice physical distancing other than members of the same household.
· The public shall not congregate or participate in active sports activities on beaches.
Mayor Faulconer also announced a date to reopen Balboa Park’s Central Mesa this month.