The three-alarm fire on the USS Bonhomme Richard resulted an injury of at least 21 people, said CBS8.
Those hospitalized suffered from non-life threatening.
Moreover, the fire reportedly started around 8:30 a.m.
Fire crews have been battling a fire for several hours onboard a Navy ship at Naval Base San Diego.
This resulted in the injury of some sailors and civilians on a Sunday morning, according to authorities.
The Navy reported, there were 17 sailors and four civilians injured in the disaster.
Additional at least 11 of the injuries were minor and two people treated for smoke inhalation.
Authorities added, many of the sailors were transported to Balboa Naval Medical Center.
The U.S. Pacific Fleet said that 160 sailors and officers were aboard the ship when the fire broke out.
This is according to the official Twitter account of Naval Surface Forces.
Brian O’Rourke, a Navy spokesman said:
“Everyone is off the ship and accounted for.”
Due to the fire, two nearby ships were moved to a pier far from the Bonhomme Richard after 1 p.m.
These ships were the USS Fitzgerald and USS Russell.
Support From Civilians
Due to the nature of the flame, assistance, and support from civilians had poured in.
Fire brigade from the San Diego Fire Department rushed to the scene.
SDFD assisted in battling the flame in a unified command with Federal Fire Sunday morning, said the report.
The local fire agency was requested assistance at 3455 Senn Street around 9 a.m., according to the department.
By after noon, SDFD personnel must leave the pier.
This is after all SDFD firefighters had been accounted for as of 11:19 a.m. Then, at 11:19 a.m., all SDFD fightfighters had been accounted.
There were no reports of injury from the firefighters.
The fire caused smoke to spread across some areas of San Diego, reports said the air was was cloudy and had a strong odor.
Also, San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer was relieved by the containment of ship.
“Thank you to our brave sailors and rescue crew.”